What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,033 at 04:00 AM on 10-21-2018.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

25% of Americans are not religious: Why doesn’t that diversity show up in politics?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• 25% of Americans are not religious: Why doesn’t that diversity show up in politics?

Unfortunately, the reason most people will not admit they are non-religious even if they get to hold public office is the same reason not many of them exist in public office in the first place. It is because the religious have done a great job at equating their religion with morality and everyone else is a moral-less Godless heathen that can't be trusted. Not everyone thinks this way, but enough do to make it so many well qualified non-religious individuals never stand a chance to hold the office that they deserve and that would help us the most.
    About 1 in 4 Americans has no religious affiliation — but only 1of 538 members of Congress admits to that
    Last edited by CW Brown; 01-25-2017, 01:17 PM.

• Eenaii
      Eenaii commented
      Editing a comment
      There is also no representation from any but one single financial class. This is equally troubling, however given the choice which I feel would be a better addition to our representation, I would prefer the former. Too many are using this cloak of region to perpetrate, and continue horribly negative activities, which, without this religious falsity to stands upon, would appear as the negativity it truly is. A good example of this would be our undying support of the Nation of Israel, which, the majority of christians I confer with, back, for mere religious reasons.
    Posting comments is disabled.

Article Tags

Collapse

Categories

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

Working...
X